1. Which religion or faith do you belong to, if any?
I am a Christian and a member of the churches of Christ. A lot of churches of Christ don’t celebrate Christmas, although my family always has. It’s not considered a religious holiday by some in the church of Christ because there is no mention in the Bible of when it should be celebrated. Most of the churches of Christ look upon Easter as the most important religious day.
2. What is your opinion of Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays?
If I know someone is a Christian, I happily say Merry Christmas, but for those who are of other faiths or of no faith at all, I prefer Happy Holidays. When I used to work in retail. I always preferred Happy Holidays because it was shorter then saying ” Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.” Besides, the song “Happy Holidays” is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs.
3. Holiday music on the radio? When and how much?
I love it. When I am not listening to NPR in the mornings and afternoons to and from school, I listen to the all Christmas music station. It plays Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I’m not a fan of every song they play, but Christmas music just puts me in a good mood.
4. When do you start decorating? Do you?
I usually decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year has been so busy that I haven’t been able to decorate much. A once I don’t think I have any specific plans this weekend, I am hoping that I can get the house decorated on Saturday.
5. White lights or multi colored?
I much prefer white lights. My mother has always preferred multi-colored lights, but I think the white lights are more elegant and classy.
6. Gift cards, cash or actually shopped-for presents?
I rarely give gift cards, never give cash, and I either shop for presents or make them. One year I did a basket of homemade cookies and mints for everyone for Christmas. Other times I have designed and made jewelry. I feel like thing that I made have more heart to them.
7. Christmas cards and or family update letters are…not really for me. I’m just not organized enough to send out a bunch of Christmas cards and I find most family update letters to be a bit tacky.
8. Snow is…wonderful to an Alabama boy because it is so rare. In my lifetime, I’ve only known it to snow once at Christmastime and that was actually a few days before Christmas, but there was just a few spots of snow still on the ground on Christmas Day.
9. Have you been a good little boy or girl this year?
Honestly, I think I have been a good little boy this year. Have I been naughty? Well, only a little. For the most part, I have really worked on being a better and more caring and compassionate person, which I hope I have succeeded at being.
10. RAPID FIRE FAVORITES:
1. Food: Christmas cookies
2. Dessert: Pecan pie
3. Drink: Champagne
4. Holiday movie: Tie between “Christmas in Connecticut” and “Holiday Inn”
5. Holiday music: “O Holy Night,” “Happy Holidays,” “Silver Bells,” and “Santa Baby”
6. Holiday tradition: Christmas Dinner with my family.
Christmas sex: What have you done under the mistletoe? Have you caught daddy kissing Santa Claus? Have you done it a santa suit? Did you come down the chimney? Just how merry have you made Santa’s helpers?
Christmas is probably the only time of year that sex is not on my mind, so really none of the above. Although I’d love to wake up Christmas morning to find what’s in the above picture under my tree